Aims & Objectives
The Confederation promotes labour unity with the following aims and objectives:
- To eradicate poverty, exploitation and discrimination in all workplaces.
- To secure social and economic justice for all workers.
- To strive for the building of a united workforce regardless of race, colour, creed or gender.
- To encourage all workers to join trade unions and to develop a spirit of solidarity among all workers, on the principle of equality, peace and justice for all workers.
- To understand how the economy of the country affects workers and to formulate clear policies as to how the economy should be structured to serve the best interests of the workers.
- To work for a restructuring of the economy that will allow the creation of wealth to be democratically controlled and its fruits shared by all South Africans.
- To strive for just standards of living, social security and fair conditions of work for all.
- To help actively in the formation of party politically non-aligned trade unions in all sectors where none exist.
- To assist member unions, operating in the same sector, on request, to merge or establish co-operation agreements.
- To facilitate and co-ordinate lifelong learning and training of all workers so as to further their interest and that of the country.
- To comment on, advance or oppose any law, action or policy of any authority or institution affecting the interests of members in particular, or the workers in general.
- To conduct, co-ordinate and publish research into matters affecting workers.
- To undertake the institution or defense of legal proceedings affecting the interests of the Confederation or any of its members, by or against any person, body or association.